If you or a loved one is undocumented, you may be eligible for reprieve from deportation among other benefits through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. As of December 7, 2020, the Department of Homeland Security has resumed accepting new applications. In order to be eligible, the following must apply:
- Were born after June 15, 1981;
- Came to the United States before your 16th birthday;
- Were living in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and have continuously lived in the U.S. since June 15, 2007;
- Meet certain educational requirements or were honorably discharged from the U.S. military; and
- Have not been convicted of certain crimes.
Benefits from DACA include:
- Employment authorization with a Social Security Number
- Advanced parole to travel internationally
- Relief from deportation
Contact our office for a free consultation to see if you are eligible for DACA.